Sunday, August 25, 2024

NASTY HABIT

 .

.

.

NASTY HABIT

.

.


I speak English, the language I was taught as a child


It is a habit so deeply ingrained that I think in English words


It is not a habit I wish to change, although I could


But so far English is fine

.

.

I have emotional responses I don't like


For example panic


It is a habit for me to feel panic when the smallest thing goes wrong


I immediately feel the effects; racing thoughts, upset tummy, pounding heart


This is an emotional habit, learned from childhood


Where the slightest misstep caused dire consequences


Where I was under constant scrutiny and criticism


So, I lived in a perpetual state of fear and dread


But this is not my normal state of emotion


I have worked to create a life of calm and peace


My panic was learned as a child, developed as a habit


This is a habit I am working to break, I want to remain calm


Use my ability to reason, to talk myself down from


This very miserable and nasty habit

.

.

.


.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment