Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Random stuff

.
.
.


“A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could have only one book, what would it be? I always say, "How to Build a Boat.”

― Stephen Wright

………...

“I was a little excited but mostly blorft. "Blorft" is an adjective I just made up that means 'Completely overwhelmed but proceeding as if everything is fine and reacting to the stress with the torpor of a possum.' I have been blorft every day for the past seven years.”

― Tina Fey

…………………..

What do you call shoes made from bananas?

Slippers.

………….


The Chinese have about six thousand characters in their alphabet. So don’t order alphabet soup in a Chinese restaurant unless you are very very hungry.

……………….


“A singer can shatter glass with the proper high note," he said, "but the simplest way to break glass is simply to drop it on the floor.”

Anne Rice

………………..

Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.

Dale Carnegie

………………...


I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it.


Steven Wright

……………….

.
.
.
.

There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy. By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world.

Robert Louis Stevenson


.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment