Wednesday, March 27, 2024

ONE ANGRY NEURON

 .

.

.

ONE ANGRY NEURON

.

.


Last night I was dreaming and I was angry in my dream


I am not actually angry at anyone in the day


All the anger was in the dream, 


As was the unknown target of my anger


I do not know why I was angry but I had the sense 


That I had been treated unfairly


In waking life I have been treated unfairly in the past


Before I got boundaries and found a voice


Now I am not treated unfairly 


Yet in my dream my anger was alive 


Perhaps one neuron in my brain 


One angry neuron has the historic record


Of wrongs committed against me 


And that one angry neuron picked last night


To sound off because it witnessed me treated unfairly


And only now did it feel safe to defend me in the liminal


Surreal world of my dreams

.

.

.


.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment