Sunday, December 11, 2022

Poem I wrote

 .

.

.

LESSON 


My blue sock was missing


I had it last night


I took it off my right foot


This morning it was gone


Where did it go?


Did I hide it away in some somnambulant state of mind?


Did I only imagine I was wearing blue socks yesterday?


No pet could have taken it


Because my only pet is a big potted aloe vera


Yesterday I had two blue socks


Today I had one


If Sherlock Holmes was real, he could deduce where it is


Dr. Watson could write "The Mystery of the Blue Sock"


Which would turn out to be the key clue in uncovering


A vast international conspiracy.


Was it aliens? A ghost? A different dimension?


Do I need Rod Serling? Or that alien guy with the fluffy hair?


No, I needed my deceased Grandmother


With her one word of advice - "Gravity"


Things fall downward, so look there first


Which is where I looked


Behold! Kicked under the bed was my blue sock!


Thank you, my beloved ancestor, for teaching me


The importance of a logical mind, of calm thought


For teaching me to remember gravity


I share her wisdom with you now


In case your blue sock ever goes missing

.

.

.

.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment