Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Recommended Audio Book of the Day ...

Recommended Audio Book of the Day ...
.
.
.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to String Theory...
Written by: George Musser
Narrated by: Ray Porter
Length: 10 hrs and 16 mins



“… is actually a thoroughly worthwhile read, doing as good a job as you could hope for in reducing the Gordian complexity of string theory into something that intelligent readers feel that they understand.”
—Physics Education, November 2008





My comments: I listen to this on audio. Even though it says complete guide for idiots, I don't think anyone could completely explain string theory, even to Einstein level geniuses. Truth be told, I don't think the string theorists even know themselves what this is really all about. So why am I recommending it? Because it's wildly entertaining. Everything in this book is so wacky, so completely bonkers, it is just fun to listen to. I don't understand a bit of it, and it doesn't matter. If this is what the finest scientific minds are coming up with, great. I just listen with my jaw dropped and laugh, and laugh ....
.
.

3 comments:

  1. EA~ I am all for vibrating filaments and a superpartner anyday! *guffaws and revels in own stupidity*

    happy week to you. thanks for the deep and meaningful thoughts and the lighter fare too
    z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all your quarks and bosons are in a row and your alternate realities are doing great too. I have to go tend my neutrinos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cackling sounds* this is brilliant and I adore you, EA.

    sadly, due to middle age, my bosons have become saggy. I have too many quarks, and guess it is due to being neutrinoic.

    oh yeah, my alternate reality testing is doing just fine :P

    z *squees in hysterics*

    ReplyDelete