Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Movie review of the day ...

.
.
.
Movie review of the day ...


Battleship (2012)


Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, action and destruction, and for language |


Director: Peter Berg
Writers: Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber
Stars: Alexander SkarsgÄrd, Brooklyn Decker, Liam Neeson


A fleet of ships is forced to do battle with an armada of unknown origins in order to discover and thwart their destructive goals.


Based on the classic Hasbro naval combat game, Battleship is the story of an international fleet of ships who come across an alien armada while on Naval war games exercise. An intense battle is fought on sea, land and air. What do the aliens want?






My comments: This movie didn't seem like anything that would be my cup of tea. I avoid movies with explosions, and the reviews were just awful.  But, Alexander is in it, so I began watching.


I loved it! I don't know what this says about my intellect but I loved the awesome Navy stuff, the sappy romance, the "hero saves the world" story, the whole shebang.


It was fun, entertaining, cleverly made to include features of the Hasbro game (the movie was made by Hasbro) and the ending, with their last ditch effort, had me in tears I was so moved.


I LOVED BATTLESHIP! There, I said it on the Internet for all the world to see. I think I'll watch it again. Soon.


.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment