Thursday, October 19, 2023

THE UNKNOWN

 .

.

.

THE UNKNOWN


It might be OK or it might not be OK


But do I have to be miserably fearful 


Every step of the way?


NO WAY!!


I can tune out the chorus of worries


I can use my powers of mind


To imagine what can go right


I can visualize everything working out great


I can use my body to redirect fight or flight energy


Into added vigor towards my healthy happy activities


I can breathe deeply, tense and relax muscle groups


Play a soothing little game like Solitaire


I can use my voice and get help and encouragement from others


I can use my hand to write a poem in a little notebook


Sharing my immediate experience with others


Who might also be struggling with their own worries


Together we will ignore the Council of Fears


And listen to the sweet calm voice of reason


The voice of hope, the voice of "I can get through this."


The calm soothing voice of reassurance and love

.

.

.


.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment