Monday, May 29, 2023

NO GUARANTEE

 .

.

.

NO GUARANTEE

.

.


When we go to sleep we do not have a guarantee


That we will awaken to the same world


Anything could happen


A natural disaster or a man made calamity


Some unknown illness, or a strange mutation of a known disease


The list is endless of all the many possible horrors that could have transpired


While we slept peacefully, unaware, of the dreadful new circumstances.


So, when I awake to the normal world .....sun rising as it should


Birds singing, humanity humming along with their myriad purposes


I rejoice at this moment, when I see it's all still here


Everything doing what it does and should do


And I have my limbs and faculties, my home still standing


My heart beating and filling with the realization that this new day is off


To a wonderful start, a miraculous morning


When everything is right where I left it, ready for me to begin my new day


However I choose.


I hold this moment in my heart


Gladness and relief relaxing me as I head towards my coffee.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment