Sunday, April 19, 2015

.Audio Book Recommendation of the Day ....

.
.
.
Audio Book Recommendation of the Day ....


Midnight Crossroad: A Novel of Midnight Texas by Charlaine Harris


Susan Bennett (Narrator)
...
"Welcome to Midnight, Texas, a town with many boarded-up windows and few full-time inhabitants, located at the crossing of Witch Light Road and Davy Road. It’s a pretty standard dried-up western town.


There’s a pawnshop (someone lives in the basement and is seen only at night). There’s a diner (people who are just passing through tend not to linger). And there’s new resident Manfred Bernardo, who thinks he’s found the perfect place to work in private (and who has secrets of his own).
Stop at the one traffic light in town, and everything looks normal. Stay awhile, and learn the truth..."


My comments: This is vintage Charlaine Harris and it has rekindled my awestruck near worship of her talents. This book has everything I love best about her writing, it's smart, funny, insightful, poetic, powerful interesting and literally enchanting.


She has created another fantasy world that I stepped right into, loving (almost) everyone there, and living their adventures with them, She has once again brought to life a cast of characters that I feel are my friends. If the series continues they will most likely become my companions. Her next book Day Shift is due out in May. I'll be the first in line to get it.


Susan Bennett the narrator does a perfect job of bringing the people and others of Midnight to life. Once again I felt like a child discovering the secret door to a fascinating magical world under the cover of a book.




.
.
.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing the info. did not know about this. will add to my list. I hope you are well. nice to hear you are inspired and excited about fun reads.
    z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find it as delightful as I did, and hope you are doing well, Z dear.

    ReplyDelete