Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Recommended Movie of the Day ....

.
.
.
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel


"British retirees travel to India to take up residence in what they believe is a newly restored hotel. Less luxurious than its advertisements, the Marigold Hotel nevertheless slowly begins to charm in unexpected ways."


I just loved this movie! The star power was dazzling, the plot charming, the premise intriguing and the resolutions most satisfactory.


Also - In my opinion, they should send Maggie Smith a big box of Oscars every year for everything she does.


.
.
.

2 comments:

  1. it is wonderful. I adore the cast and have seen it more than once. I enjoyed the discoveries in each individual's journey; I found the characters well developed and realistic. it touched on milestones we may face too. I know there is new one coming, but I have to say I am put off by inclusion of American gigolo! *snorts* IMIYHO, he has no place with this group, and it sours my anticipation. you will have to watch it and advise me.

    happy hump day.
    more snow to come.
    *rolls eyes and flakes out*
    z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I'm so happy you liked it too. Often the sequel doesn't live up to the original. It was so refreshing to see older people treated with respect, not made into stereotypes or worse, annoying relics impeding progress. Sure they had defects, but they were human defects, not the doddering fuddy duddyism I am used to seeing to depict seniors.

    Thanks again for commenting, hope you are also doing well!

    ReplyDelete