Friday, April 26, 2024

END OF LIFE

 .

.

.

END OF LIFE SITUATION


My heating pad died


Stopped working, will not heat


It still looks like my heating pad


But it will not get warm anymore


It remains room temperature


Useless as a heating pad


So, what is it?


Not a heating pad, it is a room temperature pad


Which is useless to me


I unplugged it and plugged it back in several times 


Nothing


Pushed all the buttons vigorously


Nothing


Whacked it with the flat of my hand


Nothing


So now it is a Nothing


Even if it looks like a Something


It is not what it was 


What it is now is simply something I must responsibly


Recycle


Return to the cosmos with my thanks


For all the coziness it provided


I am glad it didn't suffer


But now my mind turns, as it must


To the replacement for the now defunct 


Once-was heating pad 

.

.

.


.

.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment