Tuesday, November 28, 2023

THE MACHETE OF PHILOSOPHY

 .

.

.

THE MACHETE OF PHILOSOPHY

.

.


The character and content of my life


Changed when I changed the character and content 


Of the thoughts in my head


My thoughts are the wellspring of my life


Any change I want to make in my life


I must first change in my thoughts


Becoming aware of my thoughts and trimming them back


Like jungle growth obscuring the Path I wish to walk


Once thoughts become tamed they become useful


Calm and supportive, even fun and dynamic


So I hack and slash my way through the Jungle


Of crazy, worried, sad, self critical thoughts


Cutting back noxious vines that spring up overnight


With the Machete of Philosophy


Until there is no longer a nightmarish jungle


And the Path forward is clear and bright.

.

.

.


.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment