Friday, November 3, 2023

HOW ABOUT NOW?

 .

.

.

HOW ABOUT NOW?

.

.


When did I develop free will?


I didn't have free will over my place of birth, nationality, language


I didn't choose my family of origin, century I was born in 


Planet I was born on


No one asked me what gender, body type or IQ I wanted


Nor which parents, siblings, state or religious affiliation I might like


The schools and church I attended were not my decisions


The adults and children I was required to interact with were not ones I picked


Even my personality was molded by all these lessons, sermons, lectures, books


And expectations


Childhood was a series of lessons they insist I learn


Sermons they insist I believe, a society they insisted I conform to.


At some point free will was supposed to kick in


Suddenly I am fully responsible for my actions and reactions


Even though I had absolutely no choice before.


When did this free will finally kick in?


I date it from when I decided to reject their lessons, sermons


Inculcation, when I refused to conform and play nice


When I said no to values and standards that I clearly see are stupid


While I might be a product of a particular time and place


I am no longer a commodity, a sheep to be sheared


An automaton of conformity


I broke free as I will

.

.

.


.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment