Thursday, May 2, 2024

SCHOPENHAUR IN THE BATHROOM

 .

.

.

SCHOPENHAUR IN THE BATHROOM

I met with Schopenhauer in the bathroom


And he said to me, " Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost.


But there lies the difficulty.


For by a single unworthy action it is gone, irretrievably. "


This got me thinking about my own honor.


Oh, I have done some things I am not proud of. This hurt me.


It tarnished my self-esteem, which is the same as my honor.


To lose honor in one's own eyes is a dreadful thing


It made me realize that without my honor I am nothing.


I can't feel strong in my center if my honor is not strong


Over the years I have worked very hard to fully restore my honor


My word is my bond. I can be trusted. I can't take advantage of another's vulnerability.


No one can dishonor me with their dishonorable actions.


I came to realize that honor comes with maturity


Dishonor comes from childish fears and resentments


And when I was a child I thought like a child


Now I have a healthy respect for my self-esteem


Which is reflected in the shining surface of my honor


Honor is the wellspring of self-esteem


Fame means nothing, honor means everything


The philosopher didn't smile when I told him this


He has the lion's mane and stern countenance of a deep thinker


But he did wink when I told him we will meet and talk again


Perhaps about Thinking for Oneself, or Prosperity.


.
.
.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment