Tuesday, July 4, 2023

ONCE UPON A TIME

 .

.

.

ONCE UPON A TIME

.

.


When I lived in my old house


I loved that house


It was the hub of all my activities


Now I live in a new house


I love this house


It is the hub of all my activities


I seldom think about my old house


Or speculate about who lives there


This made me wonder if this is what reincarnation is like


(If reincarnation is really an option)


I am completely invested in this body, in this life


But previously was I completely invested in a different body?


I am not sad about being in a new house


I have simply moved on 


If you went to my old house and asked for me


They would say, "She's not here."


Perhaps they would not even know


That I was a person who once lived there


But here or there, I am still the same person


And yet not the same person


At all

.

.

.

.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment