Sunday, June 22, 2014

.Movie recommendation of the day ...

.
.
.
Movie recommendation of the day ...


Tim's Vermeer (2013)


Inventor Tim Jenison seeks to understand the painting techniques used by Dutch Master Johannes Vermeer.


Review by Christine Merser -


"I'm not blessed with a natural sense of curiosity, so the question of how Dutch Master, Johannes Vermeer, painted his extraordinary masterpieces has never kept me up at night. Tim's Vermeer made me realize I should be kept up at night by the mysteries of the past. I love this movie. I love that I paid close attention through it all. I love Tim Jenison's biting humor. I love the mystery surrounding his theory. I love that even back then, there were people doing things behind the scenes to make the ordinary extraordinary. And I love that we will never know if it's true."


.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment