Saturday, March 30, 2024

HOT MIRACLE

 .

.

.

HOT MIRACLE


I took the teabag from my cup


A truly miraculous thing to do


The water I brought to a boil is the life blood of this planet


The microwave that heated the water 


Has tamed electricity like the Wizard at the top


Of Bald Mountain


The Pyrex cup, liquid glass poured into a mold


That fragile glass cup made its way without breaking 


Over hill and dale, sea and channel


To my hand


The teabag, filled with leaves grown on some far distant sunny hill


Harvested by people speaking a language I do not understand


The titanic forces of nature, the cooperation of nations


Come together in my house, my kitchen


Where I am able to ask the Universe for a cup of tea


And have one, steaming and restoring, in a few minutes.

.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment