Sunday, January 22, 2023

Leviathan

 .

.

.

LEVIATHAN

.

.


Once in a while it emerges


From the murky depths


To reveal its mysterious and startling nature


Leviathan, my subconscious mind


Both Me and Not-Me


It arises from the Abyss to breach the surface


And I see it, weird and familiar


Performing some action that only makes sense


In the context of my entire life


This Neptunian being, so entwined with my existence


Because it sees what I see, experiences what I experience


Then does a deep dive to its unknowable lair


Where it devises bizarre plots for my life


I can not harpoon this innermost Leviathan 


Much as I might want to


But I can attempt to talk to it in some unknowable language


I can demonstrate with my conscious behaviors


What my true intentions are


While watching, when I remember, for the preternatural signs


Leviathan has surfaced to reach a shimmering tentacle out


And touch my heart, influence my actions


Reveal the most basic and primitive version of myself


So off we go, hand-in-tentacle, me and Leviathan


While I try to chart the best course for us to take.

.

.

.


.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment